Fight cancer, get a free poem
UPDATED: Check out the mo’ems in the mo’etry gallery!
At the risk of sounding slightly self-important, you might know me as one or more of many things: loving husband and father; cranky commentator on all this communicatory; consumer of quality beers; perhaps even passionate sports fan.
And, as this month’s experiment once again emphasizes, grower of sub-par moustaches.
But did you know I’m also an award-winning poet? It’s true.
And it’s in this vein that I”m making a special offer.
Today, November 8, marks the one week ann’mo’versary of Movember 2011. And if you make a donation to my efforts to fight prostate cancer by growing pathetic facial hair, you win a free, custom poem (or mo’em) from yours truly.
BOOM. Doing it again, final countdown style: Donate before 10 pm on November 29.
How can you engage in this mo’etic offer? Simple:
1. Go to http://mobro.co/nonlinear and make a donation
2. Leave a comment here or send me a message on twitter (@joeboughner) identifying:
- What kind of poem you want (limerick, haiku or free verse)
- Any particular topic or keyword you’d like included
- A minimum $10 donation gets you a text-only version of your mo’em
- A minimum $20 donation gets you a version of your mo’em typeset and illustrated by me using my graphic editor of choice – MS Paint
- A minimum $50 donation gets you a video of me reciting your mo’em including dramatic hand gestures and facial expressions